Hello friends! I’m here with your fresh copy of the Colorado Springs Daily, full of all the community news you need to know right now. Let’s go…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cloudy and sunny weather. High: 87 Low: 63.
Here are today’s top three stories in Colorado Springs:
- A Starbucks in Colorado Springs has voted to unionize. The Centennial Boulevard location decided to join the United Workers International Union on a vote of 12 to 4. More than two hundred Starbucks locations in the United States have applied to unionize. (FOX21News.com)
- The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has a new addition: a month-old Rocky Mountain kid. The baby goat can be seen jumping from rock to rock near its mother Lena. The zoo was recently rated the third best zoo in North America. The non-profit zoo also receives no tax assistance. (FOX21News.com)
- The city of Colorado Springs held its quarterly ADA forum on Thursday. The forum discussed the CoCOS app, upcoming projects, the public right-of-way transition plan, and web accessibility. The next ADA forum will take place on Thursday, September 9 at 1:00 p.m. (press release desk)
From our sponsor:
Are you a resident of Colorado Springs? looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $100,000 right now, and many of them got the same answer: fine art.
Think you can’t afford a Picasso? Well, in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securing of works of art. A company called Masterworks.io has built the largest platform for buying and selling art titles. In the past, you could only buy stocks from companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
This means that you can invest in stocks of million dollar works of art. And in these uncertain times, it turns out fine art can be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
For more, visit Masterworks.io, where Colorado Springs Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
View Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Colorado Springs:
- Create and play At the Ruth Holley Branch Library (10:30 a.m.)
- Summer cinema matinee At the Penrose Public Library (2:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Colorado Springs Police Department reminds the community of its 9 p.m. routine program. Participate in the program to establish a routine of locking doors, turning on exterior lights and activating alarm systems. (Colorado Springs Police Department via Facebook)
- Colorado Animal Rescue highlights smiling dog. Click to learn more about this adorable 7-year-old puppy with the goofy grin. (Colorado Animal Rescue via Instagram)
- The outdoor festival celebration will be held this Saturday at Colorado College’s Tava Quad at 7:00 p.m. The Colorado College CC Summer Music Festival Orchestra will perform. (College of Colorado)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
All right, all is well for today. See you soon!
— Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters in her detective stories.