Hello everyone. It’s me, Karena Garrity, your host of the Avon-Avon Lake Daily – back in your inbox with all the most important things happening in our community today. Let’s go…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny, then becoming cloudy. High: 75 Low: 60.
Here are today’s top stories in Avon-Avon Lake:
- It’s that time of year again. time for the first show of the season from the Avon Lake Saddle Club on Saturday, June 11 starting at 10 a.m. at Weiss Field. The parade patterns are listed online on the Facebook page. The Avon Lake Saddle Club was founded in 1965. It is a non-profit organization that puts on five shows each year. He also organizes several fundraisers and events to help and benefit the community and works closely with Angel Haven Horse Rescue, donating a portion of the funds raised to the rescue. (Avon Lake Saddle Club (ALSC) via Facebook)
- Looking for a new house? While you might have learned roughly what these homes look like from the photos, you just can’t beat an in-person encounter with the real thing. To help you, we’ve put together a list of the three newest homes on the Open House circuit in the Lake Avon-Avon area. Happy house hunting! (Lake Avon-Avon Patch)
- If you’re hoping to add a ball of love and affection to your home, you should check out these Lake Avon-Avon area shelters for a pet in need of a home. According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, millions of pets are given to adoption centers every year across the country. However, only about half of all shelter pets are adopted according to ASPCA data. This means that millions of animals – some right here in the Lake Avon-Avon area – are still waiting for their forever home. Why not make it your home? (Patch)
From our sponsor:
Are you a resident of Lake Avon-Avon looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $100,000 right now, and many of them got the same answer: fine art.
Think you can’t afford a Picasso? Well, in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securing of works of art. A company called Masterworks.io has built the largest platform for buying and selling art titles. In the past, you could only buy stocks from companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
This means that you can invest in stocks of million dollar works of art. And in these uncertain times, it turns out fine art can be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
For more, visit Masterworks.io, where Avon-Avon Lake Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
View Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Avon-Avon Lake:
From my notebook:
- Cleveland Clinic: “Happy Pride Month! Celebrate Pride everyday with the artists in the collection.” (Cleveland Clinic via Instagram)
- Avon Lake City Schools: “Congratulations to the Westview alumni who recently graduated from ALHS. Thank you for attending the Westview Seniors Reception and good luck with your future endeavours.” (Avon Lake City Schools via Facebook)
- Love-A-Stray Dog Division Nonprofit Rescue: “This guy is a gem!” (Love-A-Stray Dog Division non-profit rescue via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Rugby Club: “It was a tough ending for a 3rd trip to the D1 State Finals. Medina were a better team that day as they beat the Shoremen 2x this year after an early loss. Thanks players, coaching staff and to all parents and supporters for a great 22 year. Stay tuned for rugby 7s this summer as well as 7s in the fall to begin the rebuilding process.(Avon Lake Rugby Club via Facebook)
- Lake Avon Public Library: “Mark your calendar Wonderful Sensory and Artisan Fun with Water Drop on Friday, June 10, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Join us on the South Lawn for a morning of watery fun for all ages.” (Avon Lake Public Library via Facebook)
- Lake Avon Public Library: “The Waugaman Gallery features the art of JoAnn DePolo and JoAnn’s student painters. You are invited to the Student Art Exhibit and Reception on Wednesday, June 15 from 6-8:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public .” (Avon Lake Public Library via Facebook)
- Lake Avon Public Library: “This Friday, June 10 from 10:30 a.m. to noon or 2:30 to 4 p.m., join us in DiscoveryWorks for Tinker Time. Think, design, and invent! Come anytime during our open sessions and try our hand at solving our makerspace challenge of the day.” (Avon Lake Public Library via Facebook)
- FIDO Companion Rescue Inc.: “6 days left to get yours! Order today! Get a cool summer shirt – and support puppies in need!” (FIDO’s Companion Rescue Inc. via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Alright, so good for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
— Karena Garry
About me: Journalism is in my veins! I have been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love Ohio and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.